This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the highlighted keywords or companies mentioned in this post.
Unique Vacations, UK representatives for leading Caribbean resorts – Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple – has announced the opening of its first ever global dedicated high street retail experience in the heart of London.
The Luxury Travel Store will further cement Sandals’ status as industry leader and innovator and will be the first overseas hotel brand to have a stand-alone high street outlet in the UK.
Opening in March 2016, the new 5,000 sq ft interactive store, which sees an investment of over one million pounds, will immerse visitors into the world of Sandals’ Luxury Included offering through a range of educational and sensory experiences, all designed to evoke consumers’ imaginations as soon as they walk through the door.
The store, designed by retail experts Wanda, takes inspiration from Sandals’ luxurious interior and exterior designs, from stunning overwater architecture, to deluxe furnishings and eclectic art.
As well as providing visitors with a tangible insight into the scents, sounds and tastes of the World’s Leading All-inclusive company, they will be able to get a deeper understanding of the resort portfolio, Caribbean destinations and Luxury Included product offering through a specially designed retail customer journey, from the research and inspiration phase, through to a bespoke booking experience tailored to their needs.
The Luxury Travel Store tailored customer journey will include:
- Research Area: Visitors can virtually sightsee through the world of Sandals and Beaches by engaging with inspirational content across up to 30 55” flat LCD screens, including video footage, apps and real time social feeds.
- Sandals Showcase: Dedicated Sandals team members will take guests through a personable and stress-free booking service, whilst getting a taster of the Luxury Included offerings available, including lavish surroundings and premium brand refreshments.
- Dedicated Wedding Lounge: Visitors can explore Sandals and Beaches’ tailor-made wedding offerings in one-on-one consultations with members of the Weddings team.
- Beaches Family Zone: Families can book their dream holiday whilst enjoying the fun experiences on offer, including a photo booth and XBox station.
- Tour desk: As island exploration is encouraged at Sandals and Beaches, the store will also give visitors a chance to experience a taste of Islands Routes, Sandals and Beaches’ adventure tour company with a dedicated desk showcasing the variety of tours on offer, from sunset cruises, to voluntourism experiences.
- The Sandals Bar: To complete their journey, visitors will be able to relax and soak up their Luxury Included surroundings, while enjoying some of the top-shelf spirits and Robert Mondavi wines available throughout Sandals and Beaches Resorts.
As well as dedicated customer areas, the Luxury Travel Store will cater for tailored travel industry events, from training to networking events, at its state-of-the-art Training Suite, kitted with video conferencing and visual presentation equipment.
The Suite has the capacity to host up to 16 people.
Karl Thompson, managing director for Sandals UK & Europe commented: “We are very excited to be making our mark on the high street and extending our longstanding commitment to providing a high quality of customer service to our guests.
“The substantial investment in this retail experience further demonstrates the growth potential in the UK market.
“Not only will the store showcase a taste of the incredible Sandals and Beaches’ experience for both existing and new customers, with the immersive nature of the store, the educational benefit for our trade partners is significant as it will allow for greater understanding of our product offering and the types of holiday experiences available.”